Wednesday 11 September 2013

NOTD - Raspberry Burberry

Hi! This time a recreated a manicure I did in May. Back then I did regular burberry nails, I used black and red gel pens, nude base. This time I changed the colour scheme and used acrylics instead, I wanted to know the difference.


I freehanded the whole thing, so it's imprecise. Like, really imprecise, I guess you should keep some distance to like the way it looks.



Better? I own this lovely mug and I just had to involve it here. Now to show you the old version:


Yea, shitty picture, sorry.
Polishes I used:
Rimmel 367 Bare Necessities (nude in May)
S-he 306 (white in May)
Gabriella Salvete 148 (white base for sheer pink in September)
Ocean 181 (pink in September)
Essence BTGN Top Sealer (May)
NYC Turbo Dry top coat (September)
Miss Sporty Check Matte


I don't really have much to say about this design, feels girly, feels nice, kinda classy, bothers me with its imperfection, though. I've been thinking about my nail shape, should it be... different? Also, I think the black-white lines were easier to do with acrylics but the single (violet/red) line looked better done with gel pen.
I'm not showing you a photo of my right hand itself, because that didn't turn out good enough to deserve its own photo, but you can see the full result in the photo below.

click to enlarge
By the way, my-version-of-tie-dye tutorial is coming next!
How do you like the colour scheme? And does it show how much I suck at lines? (Hope not.)
Mějte se.

3 comments:

  1. Zase raz super nechty! :) A táto farebná kombinácia sa mi páči viac než tá typická burberry-ovská :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.