Sunday 22 December 2013

Geometric Diamonds #2: Skittles (+tutorial)

I pushed myself this time with quite time-consuming mani, but hey, look at the result!


You can see my previous try on this pattern here, it was inspired by Precious Polish, who also made a tutorial, but I came up with different way to do this and I'd like to share it with you.
I couldn't decide about the colour combo, I wanted something pop-art-ish, so I ended up with different combo on each nail, skittles.


Tutorial and more photos after the jump.



The pictorial really speaks for itself, IMO.
I used white polish base (Gabriella Salvete 148) and acrylic paint. I sealed the design with 1-2 coats of NYC Turbo Dry top coat.


Good news, I learnt how to take proper photos under artificial light - dark background does the trick!


I did my right hand too, but I couldn't do both in a row (one hand took about 1,5h), so I painted left one day and right the day after (and I wore plain white polish on my right hand during the second day).

right
left
 I don't want to take this design off but I have one more Christmas mani in mind and only few days left till Christmas!


How do you feel about this design and wearing different colours on each nail?
Let me know if you try this pattern! (I highly recommend trying, looks very effective even with imperfect lines, almost like wraps. And if you don't feel like doing all 10 nails, you can always go with an accent nail.)
 :)

25 comments:

  1. Wow! These are INCREDIBLE! Seriously amazing job. As a general rule, I don't love skittle manis, but I've never seen one look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I share your opinion, skittles feel kinda distracting to me... but these don't :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! They look like stickers. I think I may try these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's perfect! I definitely need to try these! Thanks for this tutorial !

    ReplyDelete
  6. no problem, let me know if you try :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I just found your blog via tumblr and it's so awesome! You're extremaly talented:) Love your ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you like it this much! <3 thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zara TracesOfPolish22 December 2013 at 22:24

    Wow! Love the threedimensional effect! It's super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just can't see the 3rd dimension :D but it's awesome that you can! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your design! i've just discover your blog and it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much! What brought you here, may I ask? :) I'm getting so much attention today and I wonder where is it coming from

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm coming from the nail blog of "La Paillette Frondeuse"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great, show me then! :) thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are amazing! Definitely going to give these a try (probably as an accent nail... this must have taken you forever!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. accent nail is definitely good idea, it took about 3 hours total, but they lasted whole week and got my nails quite some attention, so, worth it ^^
    let me know if you try :) and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Margee! :-) I got inspired by your manicure and I tried to make something similar, giving you the credits of course :-) If you have some free minute you can see it on my blog, I'd be happy if you like it :-) http://raggio-di-luna-nails.blogspot.it/2014/11/3d-cubes-in-blue-and-3rd-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also tried to become the follower of your blog using GFC, but there's something wrong, it seems like blogger couldn't handle my request; I'll try tomorrow :-) Greetings from Italy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved it, and I also like other designs of yours, are you on tumblr or instagram? I'd like to follow you somehow, but I don't really get to read blogs often

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great site it's a promise that I will always b look'n into it, picture after picture they're all GREAT n well explained ur a pro at what u do

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.