Thursday 20 February 2014

Triangle Trash

Hey! I have something really special for you today. I want to show you design inspired by our art class project. We had a task to make dress from unusual material, you know, the kind of dress you can expect from high school students attending art class.


We (my two friends and I) chose to make dress out of garbage bag and white wallpaper, inspired by Op-Art. I did a lot of thinking before I painted this design. I wasn't sure how to transfer the idea of the dress on my nails.


I have to warn you, this post is picture heavy and long, longer than usual, I think.
Keep reading too see my inspiration!



I managed to take photo before I added triangles to the design, black halfmoons felt SO classy.


Right hand (above) turned pretty good.
But, let's have a look at the dress! Again, this was art class project, so it's not super fancy, and remember, they're made of garbage bag.


These photos were taken by my friend, classmate, who loves photography, and she insisted on them being black and white.
(To be honest, it does feel little strange to show you myself, face behind the nails.)


I was more than happy with the result, the dress AND the nails.
I was looking for a design that goes with the dress but doesn't look like the dress on nails, know what I mean? :D I think I found it.
And yea, what I used:
Gabriella Salvete 148 (white base)
black acrylic paint
NYC Turbo Dry top coat


I'd love to know your opinion, what do you think of the whole thing?
Take care!

8 comments:

  1. The nails and the dress came out really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margee :D I just nominated you for Sunshine, Versatille, or Blogger Friendship Award. You can choose one. Well, I know it’s weird but you can check out here :D http://vicandhernails.blogspot.com/2014/02/again-with-awards-liebster-sunshine-and.html
    And your design is awesome!! I really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, Vic! I'll have a look at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I love how you girls got so creative on the garbage bag dress. And you are sooo pretty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, thank you so much! :) I was surprised the dress turned out the way I imagined, I honestly thought it's wouldn't work the way I wanted (that the wallpaper wouldn't stick properly, the bag would be shapeless... you can imagine)
    and, totally by the way, the link to your blog in your disqus bio doesn't work, H is missing, I thought you'd want to know that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you wouldn't have said that the bag was actually a garbage bag, I would have thought it was some type of shiny leather! It looks fabulous. :) (Hahaha, that's probably why your friend wanted the photos in black and white -- it's harder to tell the exact "material" and especially in the first dress photo, it looks like a regular dress. xD)
    Oh my goodness, thanks so much for letting me know! That's so embarrassing.... x)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.