Saturday 14 June 2014

Lollipop Nails (+tutorial)

Hi!
I have another tutorial for you today. And another swirl design, I like painting them so much - there is no need to be precise.


My original intention wasn't to paint lollipop nails, I wanted to paint swirls and then they happened to be pink. I didn't have the final image in my mind when I started, it was pretty random.


Tutorial after the jump!

The Process:
1. Paint your nails light pink.
2. Start the design with one or two main white swirls.
3. Follow the shape of the swirls with thinner swirly shapes in darker shades.
4. Repeat #3 with lighter shades.
5. Add some pink inside the main white swirl.

The Tools:
The base is The New Black light pink polish from Floyd set (below).


I used acrylic paint for the swirls and top-coated the whole design with Essence BTGN high gloss.


I had several requests for this tutorial on the instagram, so I hope it is understandable and helpful, in case you have any additional questions, feel free to ask!
Take care and don't eat too many lollipops ;) (...better paint them on your nails)

4 comments:

  1. Zara TracesOfPolish15 June 2014 at 14:53

    This look is so cool! It's like it's both inspired by VanGogh, lollipops and a hurricane at the same time! Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaw, thank you very much! you are the first one saying these look like a hurricane, but you're right :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kater DerGroße von Katzenstein15 July 2014 at 11:19

    which paintbrush do you use for this? i tried with my smallest one, but it happened to be too thick...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I used the left one (in the picture below), it's like my medium brush
    if your brush is too thick the easiest thing you can do is to cut it down a bit :) you can find plenty tutorials on trimming brushes on the internet

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always cheer me up so much! So don’t hesitate to share your thoughts on nail art, the post or to ask any questions.